“Do you like Dive Coastal Cuisine?” It’s a question that many moms asked me when I say that I’m a passionate blogger on food and restaurants for kids. With such a flurry of talk on the street (or rather… playgroups), our two Super Hero Itty Bitty Foodies donned on their best capes (a.k.a tea towels courtesy of Nanna when she was in England) to see if there was anything fishy about the scene.
Upon entering this Snider Plaza restaurant, our Super Itty Bitty Foodies were transported from landlocked Dallas to somewhere along the coast where the people are sunkissed and happy. The décor was certainly no dive but more Socal meets St Kilda Beach (a popular hipster hangout in Australia where I come from) – a large aluminum counter with cheery staff meet customers, an all white banquette lounges along one wall surrounded by Emeco aluminum chairs and mid century modern accents compliment the artwork in hues of the turquoise and aqua. The vibe is casual cool with a dash of flip flops. We could almost smell the sea… almost.
The ‘Kids Korner’ beckoned our super heroes, and they fell under the spell of Lego while us, human parents descended upon the counter to order dinner.
We don’t usually order from the kid’s menu but we couldn’t resist the Crudités plate, a pretty selection of fresh cut fruit and vegetables served with a cream cheese dip and peanut butter and honey. There’s a nice selection of frappés, juices, cocktails, microbeers, and organic iced teas (though the ice tea bar was awkwardly located behind the counter).
Our Super Hero Itty Bitty Foodies dove right in and surfaced with full tummies. Fresh food and an ‘awwweeesome Kid’s Korner Mama!’ What’s not to like?
Till our next Happy Meal – may we suggest you dive right in!
Itty Bitty Info:
- Food: Fresh fresh fresh!
- Ambience: Beachy airy. Bring your flip flops.
- Service: Counter service.
- Kid Friendliness: 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
- Cost: Expect to pay $7-10 for a sandwich/wrap and $15 and upwards for an entree. It ain’t cheap but then again you’re not subjected to catfish.
- Itty Bitty Foodies Tip: There’s also non-seafood choices in the kids menu like Baby bbq sandwich.
- Parent Foodies Tip: The place is getting popular, if you don’t want to wait, call in and get it to go. They also offer delivery. Click here.
For more information on hours, location and all that good stuff : go to Dive Coastal Cuisine